[Dailydrool] April 2 calendar Basset

Sherry Moore via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Apr 2 06:00:40 PDT 2017

Today’s Daily Drool calendar Basset is our beloved GiGi, who turns seven today. Some time after our dear Darcy’s prolonged passing at the age of 14, our hearts needed the soothing that only another loving Basset can provide. Our friends Max and Pat Harder and Barbara Mercer (Barnyard Bassets) asked if we’d like a retired show dog. They had a couple who were looking for a retirement couch. So I went to their home in Virginia, and was quickly smitten by GiGi. She came to us shortly after, and has been at home from the first. She charms everyone she meets, and expects everyone else to love her in return. We’ve had fun in obedience, therapy dog and rally classes together, and if there’s a lap, she is in it. But if there is no lap, she’s just as contented on her sofa. Her MomBarb calls her “the best dog ever,” and we have to agree. In 40 years of Bassets, she’s the best dog we’ve ever had. Thank you, Richard and Sharon Nance, her breeders, and the Harders and Barb, her first home and show handlers (all BHCA members). We are so blessed to be part of GiGi’s family!

Sherry in AZ
with GiGi the Perfect and Edric the Busy