[Dailydrool] Vestibular

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 3 23:02:37 PDT 2017

Dogs with Vestibular in my experience may take quite awhile to recover-- I
seem to remember serious cases taking several weeks, with dogs unable to
stand or walk, eat or drink. Medication to stabilize the tummy are needed
in these cases as is supportive cared-IV fluids and often hand feeding, as
well as help in walking. The head tilt and nystagmus (the eyes flipping
back and forth uncontrollably) make the dog quite nauseous.
Don't get impatient but I would suggest a Vet visit to be sure that's what
you are dealing with. A tumor in the ear certainly might (i would think)
cause disturbances.
Just my thoughts.

MomPerson to MertaLou, Doc & Conley

bgszap2 at gmail.com