[Dailydrool] Lucy at the Bridge

Jennifer C. via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Apr 19 16:13:23 PDT 2017

It has been a while since I posted on the DD. I do read it and try and keep up. It is with a heavy heart that I have to say we had to let our old girl Lucy (18 years old), go to the Rainbow Bridge. Age finally caught up with her. Mentally she was still sharp, but her body was failing her. her mobility became less and less due to age, arthritis, and a bum hip she came with when we adopted her at the age of 8. She slept more than she was awake, and finally her hind quarters stopped working all together. The vet could not do anything further. We kept her happy and comfortable. She enjoyed cheese burgers, treats and loves until we could bring ourselves to let her go. She is now at the bridge with our beloved Eddie who passed 2 summers ago. Their ashes are resting above me on the shelf as I type this.  She was old for a basset, and lived a good life of chasing squirrels (occasionally catching them), demanding meals, and snoozing by the front window. I will miss her barking at me (reprimanding me for leaving) when I pull into the garage everyday, her loyalty, and her beautiful brown eyes.

Run free and take care if Eddie now that you are at the bridge.

Jennifer a now bassetless mom slave to Eddie and Lucy at the bridge

p.s. we still have Archie the 2 year old Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. Bless his heart, he just isn't a basset.