[Dailydrool] Teddi

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 3 14:35:58 PDT 2017

It is with a heavy heart that I let y'all know that my Teddi has crossed the rainbow bridge!  She was officially diagnosed with Lymphoma on Wednesday and Friday when I got home from work, she was having difficulties with her back legs so I helped her over to the carpet in the dining room.  I offered her some chicken, but she didn't take it.  I was loving on her and telling her that she needed to eat so that she can keep her strength up to stay with me, but she rolled on her side and as I was rubbing her belly, both back legs started twitching together (she's never done that before, so it alarmed me!) so I stopped and she got back on her belly but she could not straighten her head out.  I called the DH over and then the vet to tell them we were coming.  Shawn put her on my lap in the front seat and she put her head on my shoulder and didn't move!

Inside the vet I kept telling her to go find Casper and Sadie Jean, but she wouldn't do it on her own.  She passed away at 4:45pm on Friday.  I keep seeing her out of the corner of my eye and when I turn she's not there, so I break down again!

She will be cremated, and put in a similar box then Casper, but her carvings will be different, having trees, a pond and ducks.

I can't believe she's gone already, but I'm happy that she's not suffering!  She always did things on her own terms, so I guess she didn't want us fawning over her or forcing medicines down her throat so she opted to leave us early!

Please hug your babies close - you  never know how long we have them for!

gdossey at te.com
~Gwen, Teddi (atb), Madden & Sasha~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.