[Dailydrool] Loss of weight in an older dog

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Aug 30 11:18:45 PDT 2017

Our Browser 14 year, 3 months old, was put on Royal Canin Low Gastro food
because of an elevated pancreatic enzyme.  He eats that along with a small
portion of the canned Core Wellness and cooked organic chicken breast.  He
is also on Anipryl for anxiety/cognitive issues and valium 2.5 twice a day
for his pacing and anxiety which has worked well.

Browser's appetite is good and he sleeps through the night.  However, he
has lost 2-3 pounds over the last month.  Our vet, who has always been
terrific, appears not to be too concerned but we are at his weight loss.
Recent blood work, kidney and liver functions are all normal.

Anyone have similar experience with an older dog?

Thanks for any advice.

Sally