[Dailydrool] Morse, DD and nuggets

Rebecca Louisa Stanton pummorse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 05:41:33 PST 2017

I don't mail anywhere near as much as I used to, and I would like to try
and remedy that.  I am not on FB (and don't want to be) so I am guessing
because of that I don't keep up with things, and also I get very behind
reading the DD, but I still love it.   There are a lot of new people on the
DD now and I must read through and get to know them and their bassets.
This is such a great and informative group.  When Morse got pseudomonas a
few years ago, the wealth of knowledge was immense.  I am now working full
time so that is also another reason why I don't get as much time to post
now, but I work full time from home, so at least I have my boy next to me
all the time!

Morse turned 13 in October and is still doing well.  He is much slower now,
as to be expected, but still enjoys holding up traffic by sitting in the
middle of the road outside our house, while I stand by with my cup of tea
and wave drivers round him (most of whom either wave as they have seen him
before, or stop and ask is he okay?  I reply that he is fine, he is just
enjoying watching life go by - it just happens that he does it sitting in
the middle of the road, which is a tad inconvenient for them I suppose).  I
think I mentioned this last time I mailed DD, but Morse is (I am saying
this quietly in case he gets wind of the fact that I am mentioning such a
delicate subject) a bit incontinent of turds these days.  We call them
"nuggets|". Sometimes it will just happen that he realises its about to
happen and he tries to make the door, sometimes he doesn't realise it at
all and carries on sleeping while it happens.  Whatever, it doesn't matter
a jot.  I always have a poo bag ready and a wash on the go, and some wet
wipes/shampoo to clean him if needs be, although the "nuggets" are 99% of
the time very solid so no worries.  We hug him and tell him it doesn't
matter at all, in case he looks crestfallen, and then he wags his tail
(probably thinking "great!  I'll do it again next time indoors!!")  It does
make it a bit more difficult to take him into pubs now as its not everyone
who wants freshly delivered nuggets on the floor while they are trying to
eat :)) - so we try and make sure he has done his business before we go
into a pub or anywhere like that, and we can take frequent trips outside
with him.   He still loves his  rambles round the churchyard (he found 3
cat turds yesterday to snack on, *sigh*)  and about 4 times this week we
have had half a mile walks, but today he is feeling a bit achy I think so
we will stay close to home.  He remains the absolute light of our life.
I will try and mail a few times a week from now on.
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB