[Dailydrool] It’s packing time

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 13:55:08 PST 2017

     The 4 Canny Bassets have caught on that something is up.  We put our house in North Carolina on the market just before the 4th of July and got an offer in October.  We close at the end of the month, but will be moving north before then.  We are moving back to New Hampshire - to be closer to family.  The 4 hounds are most upset with all the boxes here!
     MacKenzie and Gallagher spent the first year of their lives in Connecticut where there was lots of snow.  Gallagher only likes perfect days.  When it snowed, he’d put his front paws out on the porch and then pee.  MacKenzie would plow through the snow like it was nothing - although our big old Golden would help.  Guinness and Mulligan (both about 6) have not experienced snow, at least not more than a snow flake or two.
     We are renting a house in the middle of a Christmas Tree farm on 200 acres!  This promises to be Basset heaven!  We’ll be living there while we build the next Basset “Castle”.  While it will definitely be downsized from our current home, we’re making improvements in dog ramps and views for the hounds.  They will be meeting a new “enemy” - the chipmunks!  The 4 hounds would be very interested in hearing about successful tactics aimed at removing these villains from their property.
     If all the hound is out there could help “stomp out snow” while we drive north over 2 days (the 19th and 20th), it would be greatly appreciated.  A white Christmas would be acceptable to all!

Julie.a.canny at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad