[Dailydrool] Our new rescue Daphne

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Fri Dec 22 14:36:46 PST 2017

Has anyone experienced chronic active granulomatous urethritis? Daphne just
couldn't seem to empty her bladder. She just goes little bits at a time. Doc
had her on prednisone but it didn't seem to be helping. He has ordered
cyclophosphomide, a compounded drug from Wedgewood Pharmacy. He said it is a
chemo drug, but should work. The pred was only alleviating the symptoms, but
not curing. Unfortunately, the meds won't ship until end of next week
because of the holiday, so she should get her meds by first week in January.
Seems to far off.  Poor little girl is so stoic, but very self conscious.
She doesn't like me to watch her go and if I watch out the window, she keeps
looking back to see if I'm watching. So you know it has to be bothering her.
Doc says it is probably very painful to go potty.

So, now for the long wait.

Ann

anniebh at acsol.net