[Dailydrool] is it time part two

jasperlabs at frontiernet.net jasperlabs at frontiernet.net
Sun Dec 31 18:43:49 PST 2017

I'm still struggling with my Daisy's* future (I guess is the right word).  She's almost 15.  If she has to have a dental I worry about the anesthesia at her advanced age.  The same for removing all of her lumps and bumps.  She had about seven lumps removed about 3 years ago and bounced back great but she is a bit older now and really lost a lot of weight.  I'm thinking if its her teeth that are causing her not to eat the only option is a dental procedure that would require anesthesia and I don't know if she could handle that.    Ive been giving her hamburger or chicken with rice and broth but she just seems to slurp up the broth, eat a tiny bit of meat and that's it.  (I will also give her any people food she  wants - heck she is 15 almost) .  We will go to the vet on Tuesday and discuss our options.  My vet is really good so I will trust his judgement but will also trust in what Daisy has to say.  You guys know what I mean.  I don't think shes ready to go (and I'm not ready either) but removing teeth or lumps and bumps at her age is kind of scary.  Thank you guys for your kind words and thoughts.  I guess we'll just wait and see what the new year holds in store for us.

Happy New Year and hug your fur buds tight.  You never know when it will be the last time.