[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 06:36:34 PST 2017

Our Dexter has always been a bit nervous about our heating system. When the
radiators make noises, he tends to shake. He's also a bit nervous about
airplanes flying overhead and wind (that one I can understand, since he was
only here two days when a windstorm took down one of our trees and dropped
it on our cars. We ended up moving out for a few days, since a neighbor's
felled tree took out our power).

This year, though, Dex has been really bad. He has taken to waking me in
the middle of the night and trying to hide in very inconvenient and
possibly dangerous places. It pains us to see him shaking and drooling
every night and at other times when these noises hit his ears.

The only think I can think of that changed is that he had two surgeries
within a month, during the fall. I can't explain why I think that might
have something to do with it.

Has anyone else had such an experience? I am thinking of taking him to the
vet, but I would prefer not to waste time and money on that if there is a
simpler solution.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets