[Dailydrool] Bring them home

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Feb 12 22:12:18 PST 2017

My I didn't know I'd create since a discussion but I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this. Speedy really was "my" first dog. Sure I had dogs growing up and even when I moved in with the DH but it was always the family dog so it was never up to me to decided what happened when they passed. Speedy is now on my mantel. I wanted to put him with my section of basset stuff but my 3yr old likes to play with all that stuff and I'm not about to let her start grabbing Speedy.

Speaking of bringing them home, today I brought home a new hound. Duncan was the name he was given and it suits him so we'll keep it. Duncan is from Daphneyland and 4/5 yr old sweet heart. Dawn was kind enough to entrust us with adopting him. Truth be told I didn't ever think I would ever be approved to adopt simply because we work and have a 3 yr old and another on the way. My friend laughed at me for thinking like that and I'm so grateful that Dawn saw that too. She invited us over to meet some hounds and we took her up on her offer.

The DH was smitten with Duncan since Duncan walked in. I had told him whichever basset crawls in your lap is the one we'll end up with. The DH held me to that. Plus Duncan was fine with my daughter putting her face in his AND was ok with Rambo the neurotic Shar Pei.  It was just a good match for us all. So today I drove up with my friend and brought him home. So far, he's made himself at home, demanded belly rubs from the DH (who was more than happy to spend the entire evening sitting with him), and is now snoring contently on his bed.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei who doesn't know whether to be excited or still depressed about this new development.
speedsterbasset at yahoo.com