[Dailydrool] First basset

Kathy Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 24 11:42:49 PST 2017

What a fun topic!  Thanks, Riche, for starting this thread!  My first basset
was, and forever will be my heart dog.  Her name was Moose.  She was a
purebred basset who came to me at 8 weeks in September of 1990 when I was
single and in my late 30s.  She came from a local pet shop (before I knew
any better) here in Santa Barbara.  I had always wanted a basset, and had
picked the name years before I saw her, but it fit her perfectly.  She ruled
the house from day one, and was spoiled by all, especially my parents, who
thought the world of her.  Not long after her arrival, I met my future
husband, and we were married in 1992.  Moose and I moved to his home, with
his Dalmatian, Mikey, who also accepted the fact that Moose was in charge.
Several years after Mikey went to the bridge, Hooter the harrier entered our
lives in 2001.  By this time, Moose had been an only dog for some time, and
saw absolutely no reason why we needed this puppy.  She spent the rest of
her days annoyed by him, although she would allow him to keep her warm, and
to play with her on her terms (of course, all of life was on Moose’s terms!)
Our beloved Moose was smart, funny, loyal, and loving to the end.  She left
us from cancer in June of 2002 and we miss her still.  Twinkletoes joined us
in 2003 and while she was a lovebug of a dog whom we thoroughly enjoyed for
13 ½ years until her trip to the bridge in November of 2016, Moose will
always be first in our hearts.

Kathy and Peter Wilson and Hooter the lonely harrier, Moose and Twink ATB

kmwlaw at cox.net