[Dailydrool] Tips from the Desk Of

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jan 5 09:58:48 PST 2017

​Ms MertaLou here with a few tips on training your people. Here is what
I have done in the short year that I have been here:
I do not enter my kennel unless someone holds the door open.
I do not eat treats right away but sniff them carefully all over  while the
other dogs bolt theirs. Then my Person has to stand between us watch while
I enjoy my treat in a leisurely, upper-class fashion.
Do not come in when they call the first time. Always make them wait,
preferably out of sight.
If they like to cuddle, require that they INVITE you up and always
hesitate, as if unsure that you really want to cuddle.
At night if you are not allowed on the bed sit and stare at them. Drop your
ears--be sure to drop your ears.
Staring is a good way to get a treat for doing nothing. In this case a
long. thin line of drool may be helpful.

I came to live here almost a year ago. I think in about6 days it will be a
year, not that I have kept track. I still remember the feelings of
confusion and fear as the leash was handed to A STRANGER and I was put in a
crate in a strange van and how comforting it was to have Mr. Doc in the
crate next to mine. What a year it has been!
Love and Cuddles,
MS MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset