[Dailydrool] accommodations that allow animals

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jan 7 18:51:39 PST 2017

We have fallen in love with "VRBO"--vacation rentals by owner.  You Google VRBO.com and then type in a state and city.  Rentals come up. You hit a box for "dogs allowed" and rentals in that area which allow dogs come up and you can scan down the list, looking at particulars.  Price, whether  you have to do more than one night, whether there is a fenced yard, how many bedrooms, plus photos of the property, whether it is a freestanding house or condo, and any restrictions, plus a calendar of availability.  each year we spend a couple of days at a dog-friendly cottage in Volcano with a huge fenced yard that we found through VRBO.  If we were traveling across the country, I think we would mark overnight stops and rent a freestanding home with a fenced yard at each stop.  you do need to put down a damage deposit, but we have always received it back in full except for the first time, when I didn't know I should have swept up all the lose basset hair before leaving.

Val of Hawaii