[Dailydrool] Millie

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jan 28 18:27:02 PST 2017

I was glad to read that some other hounds are real sniffers and spend more
time on a walk sniffing than walking.  It can be frustrating.  She  also
has developed another habit that is funny, but at time real  annoying. She
used to be a good sleeper, and still is pretty good, but she  does have the
tendency to awake at times earlier than I want to.  She comes  to my side of
the and sits momentarily, then wanders off and returns and  attempts to get on
the bed.  Well, I assume she needs to go out, so I  get on my shoes and
glasses and head to the stairs, assuming she is  following.  No such luck.  I
call her, so as not to wake Kathy, and no  Millie.  I look back and there she
is, lying in the doorway, looking at me  ad wagging her tail.  Many times I
can call until I am blue in the  face, so I go get her and help her down
the stairs.  We go out, and  then she does her sniff/walk for a while and then
eventually does her  business.  I could just ignore her, but do not want to
take the chance that  she may really need to go.  She is really developing
a distinct  personality.  She is such a sweet hound otherwise that it is
hard  to get upset with her.

Douglas Dropp  and Millie with
Pw, Charlie(ATB) & Pw. Bennett(ATB)