[Dailydrool] Gertie ATB and calling dogs

lois.leader lois.leader via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 15 17:50:40 PDT 2017

Ursula, I'm so sorry that Gertie has made her way to the Bridge. They leave such a huge space in our lives when they go. Your passion for fostering seniors is an inspiration. Thank you for loving on those venerable hounds. Old friends are the best friends!

Pam, your tip to call dogs in a higher pitched voice really works! I tried it on Emma and Dobby and they came running. Another useful trick I've found when out walking a Basset whose nose has gotten stuck to the ground is to come up beside him (Bobo) or her (Emma) and scurry with my feet in the direction I want them to go. It sometimes breaks their concentration and they'll re-engage with the walk.

Anyone have any tips for discouraging jumping up on people? Emma is an enthusiastic people-jumper. The "cross your arms and turn your back" technique has not dissuaded her so far. She just scrabbles at your rear end.

Ah-rooos to all,

Lois Leader with Emma the Aussie Basset Dog and Dobby the House Elf

lois.leader at cox.net