[Dailydrool] Fireworks

lois.leader lois.leader via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 5 15:19:58 PDT 2017

Wow, Val. That was quite a ritual you would go through with Bo and Harley. Such a good furmom! Interesting way to catch up on your reading, though.

We weren't sure how our nervous Nelly, Emma the Aussie Basset dog, would do with the fireworks. We were anticipating trauma. She was so afraid of everything when we first brought her home. She did hunker down in the corner behind our wood stove, but we were able to coax her out and put her in the bedroom with us. We turned up the volume on the TV and she survived.

Fireworks used to be nicely illegal here in Arizona, but our legislature decided rights were being trampled upon and dropped the ban. Data shows that the number of missing pets on July 5th went up significantly after the ban was lifted. Not deemed important though. *sigh*

Hope all Bassets and their people are finding ways to keep their cool. We keep spiking up over 115 degrees for days at a time and have just about exhausted our list of fun things to do when stuck in the house. If anyone has any ideas, share away!

Lois Leader, Emma the Aussie Basset Dog and Dobby the House Elf

lois.leader at cox.net