[Dailydrool] Abe ATB

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 7 17:56:15 PDT 2017

Melissa, I am so very sorry about your Abe leaving for the bridge.  It  is
especially hard when the loss is one's heart hound, like Abe was.  14 is  a
ripe age for a basset, but even at that age we do not want them to  leave.
My Charlie, my heart hound was a month short of 14, but losing him  was very
hard on me.  Now, he is no longer suffering or in pain and is  running free
up there with all his basset buddies.  I know that is no  consolation to
those left on Earth, but it is better  for them.  I am  sure that he wants you
to remember all the great and happy times had together,  rather than
dwelling on his leaving.  In time it does help.  I will  keep you both in my
prayers, and Millie will be sending her special drool your  way to also help ease
the pain.  Please accept my sincere sympathy on your  loss.

Douglas Dropp  & Millie with
Pw.'s Charlie & Bennett(ATB)