[Dailydrool] Getting 'em in the car

Tim Mayer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 8 13:52:40 PDT 2017

I have an advantage with my guys...I'm driving a four-door sedan, and from
puppyhood I taught the fellas to jump into the foot well behind the driver
seat, then up onto the back seat. No worries then - it's two short hops for
them. And it's the same getting out: they don't get past me if they try to
jump from the seat: they have to get down to the floor first. I'm not sure
it would be easy to train an older dog to do that, and it still won't help
with an SUV or even a crossover size vehicle. When I had to drive my
antique Chevy Suburban, they couldn't get up to the door frame to even
begin to think about getting in by themselves. So me and my bad back had to
heft them 55 and 65 pound bad boys all the way up from ground level, so I
totally feel your pain.

Tim