[Dailydrool] Browser and Aging

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 12 06:29:27 PDT 2017

Thanks for the response, Sue.  The "cough" occurs sometimes in the morning
and only once.  It is more a sound of a "burp" and he doesn't cough after
that one weird noise.  We have had him to the vet several times.

Yes, the canine flu is in South FL and for that reason, we have not taken
our Shih Tzu, Sprite for grooming.

Our biggest concern with Browser is that he has spells of walking around
and panting.  He has always done this in rain storms and the thunder shirt
helps somewhat.

Yet lately, he does this even without rain and our vet thinks it is more of
a cognitive disorientation as he will be 14 in a few weeks.

We are taking him in to our vet this morning as we are about to leave on
vacation and this is really worrying.  We wonder if our suitcases being out
and our packing could be exacerbating this behavior; even though he is
blind, he can sense everything.

Our pet sitter of 10 years will be staying in our house with my office
manager coming to walk them at noon.  Browser and Sprite love them and I
know they will be taken care of very well.

For the first time,. we are actually on a 28 day cruise so am very
concerned we try to help Browser.  2.5 milligrams of canine valium at night
helps him sleep thru the night which our vet had suggested.

Any other suggestions will be welcome!

Sally Russell (this is making me crazy)