[Dailydrool] This and that..

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 23 07:14:28 PDT 2017

Good morning fellow droolers!

First, we want to give a sad ahroo to the passing of Miss Georgia! Those of us who have been on the DD since the early 2000's (and before) enjoyed reading her posts and she will be missed by many!!  I know that those that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge welcomed her with tails a waggin' and lots of hounds going belly-up for a good rubbing!!

Second, healing drool goes out to all those 2 and 4 legged creatures we love and care about so much and heart healing drool to all of those who have lost a precious loved one!

For Bella with the allergy feet - have you tried using baby wipes (or a wet washcloth) on her feet when she comes in from outside?  Perhaps just wiping the world off of her toes will help...

For Paisley, your mom is right, even if you were a desert hound, your body changes as you get older and you don't handle the heat like you used to, so please listen to her!!  115 is just TOO hot to be outside and it doesn't matter if you have 2, 3 or 4 legs!! :o)  Our Madden (15-1/2) likes to go out on walkabouts at least twice a day, but she gets a little lost sometimes, so I don't let her stay out too long, even if it's only in the mid 80'2 because the black fur really attracts the sun and she warms up quickly!!  I'm not sure if it's because she's blind or if she's starting to get doggy dementia, but I'll go out there sometimes and she's just standing on the sidewalk facing the front fence.  Anyways, after 5 or 10 minutes (depending on how hot it is) I'll go out and wrangle her back in!

And lastly, when Sasha had her tooth pulled, they used the Isoflurane gas, and just as Ann was saying, they wake up shortly after being taken off of it!  I left her about 2pm and they called me at 5:30 saying she was ready to be picked up!!  She didn't walk like a drunken sailor after and she wanted her treat as soon as we walked in the front door!!  We've been pretty fortunate - out of the 6 hounds we've owned, our 1st, Tatum and now Sasha were the only ones that needed to go to the dentist, and Sasha's was the easiest!  Thank doG for Isoflurane gas!!

Hugs and tail wags to all!
gdossey at te.com<mailto:gdossey at te.com>
~Gwen~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.