[Dailydrool] Befuddled

Tim Mayer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 8 19:55:00 PST 2017

So Mom is in the hospital, knee replacement surgery, and I was over visiting
her like a good little boy <grin>, then came home to let my two hounds out
to take care of business. They're really good about our schedule being off
lately, which is good because it's gonna get WAY WEIRDER.

While the dogs were out, my friend Arlan stopped by. He's in the living room
with Reggie and I. Reggie is wonderfully friendly. Dexter is usually timid
and afraid and runs away and barks. So it was no surprise that he wasn't
there. But, like usual, a couple minutes later he wanders in. Then the third
dog shows up.

Hold it - wait a minute - what did I just see???? OMG - Arlan sees it too.

There's a NEW DOG in the house.never seen her before in my life.I am SO
befuddled!

Okay, the confusion aside, I look her over: seriously overweight, nails a
good half-inch too long, ears really gross, dirty, smelly, and wonderfully
affectionate. She's been out awhile, but not too long. She's not
particularly hungry. She drank some, ate a little, and waddled right over to
Reggie's bed and plops down like she's lived here all her life - talk about
typical basset behavior, there it is.

The boys are just wandering around like this is the most normal thing in the
universe. I guess there's a lot to learn from our hounds.

So anyway, if someone hears reports of a missing basset in the Southern
Oregon area (White City, Eagle Point, Medford, Central Point, etc.) let me
know, 'k? 'Cause I love dogs and all, but this really isn't a good time for
me to be adding one more to the Dawg Haus.

Tim n' the Boys.plus one: Reggie, Dexter, and ol' what's her name.