[Dailydrool] Duncan, oh Duncan

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Mar 13 08:48:52 PDT 2017

When we first got Duncan we were super impressed on how well behaved he was. The DH even made the comment that we lucked out with Duncan. I laughed at him and told him just give him a month. He has to know he's home in order to start. The DH naively dismissed me.

Well after the pizza incident, we have made sure to have nothing on the counters in the kitchen. But Saturday night/Sunday morning I woke up to some scuffle. I went to check on the boys and let them out. When I finally woke up in at a decent human hour (vs the 4 am wake up the boys had me up at) I looked and saw a plastic bag in the floor. My stomach dropped and I thought "oh no, what did I leave out?" Well I didn't. Duncan apparently figured out how to open the pantry door and helped himself to the only thing that wasn't sealed. A raw potato. I had 2 I only found one that was gnawed at so that means someone took one. My bet - Duncan. He had an awfully innocent face and wasn't starving for his breakfast.

I have been meaning to baby proof the house again in preparation to our second one's arrival. Forget that- I need to basset proof first. After that baby proofing will be pretty much done.

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei
Speedsterbasset at yahoo.com