[Dailydrool] This and that

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 21 11:14:29 PDT 2017

Hello fellow droolers!

First off, healing drool and prayers being sent for Rolph and his family!  I'm hoping the ultrasound finds what's wrong with him so he can start to be on the mend! And quick healing no more cyst drool for Bronwyn!! I'm glad she didn't have to wear a cone!  They are just not meant for bassets!  I bought an inflatable cone for Madden when she had her last surgery, but she never bothered her wounds, so I never even took it out of the box!!  I guess I'll return it and get my $45 back!

Healing and get a new car drool for Jessica Rutan!  If I were t-boned twice in the same car, I'd want to trade it in for sure!!  :)  Welcome Aristotle!  I'm SO glad Harley sent him to you to help heal your family!!

Joann - was Hazel a rescue?  I'm wondering when and who would shoot a poor little girl like that?!?  I'm hoping it was before she came to you or you might go ballistic if you do find out who it was!  I know I would and my husband has already informed all the neighbors that he has no problem going to jail if anyone messes with "his girls"!  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I'm included in that statement or not! LOL! :0)

Regarding lumps... about 7 or 8 years ago, Teddi had a lump that we thought was nothing because it moved.  We had it removed and biopsied to find out it was cancer and they didn't get good margins, so 2 weeks later they went back in and took out more.  It never grew back (knock wood!)!  2 weeks after Teddi had her 2nd surgery Madden had a lump that was solid near one of her nipples.  They took that one out an biopsied it and it too was cancer, but they got all good margins and it never grew back either!  However, she is my lumpy/bumpy dog and has had several fatty tumors that have grown so large that we've had to had them removed even though we hated to because of her age (she's now 15-1/2!)!  Her last surgery was just 1 month ago today and she is a true trooper - she hasn't let anything, including complete blindness slow her down!  The only thing that she won't do is go through the doggy door any longer (I think it's just too high) and she HATES walking on a leash!  She would rather go on her own and be her own boss!

As for pantry raiders - have you tried the child-proof latches that you have to press down to get the doors open? Our first basset got into a brand new 5-pound bag of potatoes one rainy afternoon while I slept on the couch!  She had a blast shredding them and apparently throwing them about!  I woke up to all these reddish pieces of something all over the kitchen and dining room!  When I figured out what they were I had a good laugh!!  Not sure if she ever ate any of the pieces, but she sure had fun chewing them up!  She also ate or at least gnawed on several bear candles that my husband had bought me while we were dating as well as the back of the rocker leg from my favorite rocking chair!  I still think of her when I see it! :0)

And finally, Marty - I am so sorry for all your losses!  Losing one is terrible but I can't imagine losing 3 in such short order!  Heart healing drool for you and your family!

Hugs to all that need it!

~Gwen, Teddi, Madden & Sasha~ (:>
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.