[Dailydrool] First Basset

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 8 11:59:34 PST 2017

As I sit waiting in the doctors office waiting to be seen, I have finally caught up on reading my Daily Drools. So here is the story of my First Basset. I got my first basset when I was a young girl...maybe 8-10 years old. (I am 48 now). It was after my not-a basset Blackie went missing, My dad's sisters found a female, tri-color basset, no collar, wondering along the river. We were not sure of her age. They brought her to me because they knew I was an animal lover and was so upset about my very first dog Blackie disappearing. I named her Droopy, and we had many adventures together as I grew up and she grew older. My dad found her one day while I was at school laying in a mud puddle, panting. He took her to the vet and she was full of what the vet thought was cancer. So they helped her cross the Rainbow Bridge. I was heartbroken to lose my best friend. Droopy was the start of my basset hound obsession. I have never thought of having any other breed. I love their individuality, independent nature, and stubbornness. They are mischievous little clowns, that love to snuggle and never fail to make you smile or laugh when you need to. I love those big brown eyes in their wrinkled faces, with those big velvet ears and Frito smelling big feet. I have cherished each and every Hound that have blessed me with their presence. We are now at #11 and #12. I miss all those that have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
Michele Momma to Xander and Seth the new Bad Ass Basset Brothers of Howling Hound Acres
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sent from my iPawPad