[Dailydrool] Note from London

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 5 05:13:14 PDT 2017

Dear mama and papa:

We are so glad you let us come to London. Clara and Rolph have been such
good hosts, and we have had a great time (well, some of us have). We
(that's Dex and Horton) got to be heroes when we rescued the other
hounds from a dunking in the Thames River. Cleo was too busy giving
herself a beauty treatment in her private cabin to lend a paw. She
really is getting above herself over here. You should have seen how
obnoxious she was when she met a duchess! Really, mama, you must get her
to learn a little humility once she is home. This "Empress of All She
Surveys" nonsense is really beyond the pale. She seems to think she is
real royalty.

The other day Cleo made Horton swab the decks while we all had fun. He
is a very nice hound, but he needs to learn how to say no to the
empress. Before Cleo could come up with a job for me, I escaped. I hid
under a tarp on the deck until her back was turned, then slipped over
the side. Thankfully, I immediately ran into a group of hounds who were
headed for the London Eye, so I could follow them. Paulie and the others
took good care of me, Mama, since they know I can't see. Though I could
not see the sights, we had a great picnic in our pod, and the Drool
bassets are so much fun, I didn't miss a thing. They described
everything that was happening below and did such a good job, I thought I
could see it all.

I cannot keep the Empress under control, but I will make sure Horton
does not end up swabbing decks for all ten days. When we get home, mom,
I hope you lock Cleo in the kitchen until she gets things into
proportion.

Dexter, for all the Dashing Bassets