[Dailydrool] Fw: London Adventure: Saturday in Ireland

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 8 04:48:55 PDT 2017

Younger Clara here.

We made our getaway - to be honest no one really tried to stop us. They had the US royals and in their minds were protecting them from the awful Brits and that was all that mattered. The sort of transgression Mozart had displayed would have been overlooked at any other time, but the combination of the unannounced arrival, the early hour and the diplomatic concerns of St James’ court had just triggered a momentary flashpoint.

Our royal friends soon tracked us down (with the use of a government-owned limousine) and everybody seemed to have forgotten our earlier troubles.

I still didn’t feel good.

Sophie and Rooney were excellent hosts. They took us on a tour of the Guinness Storehouse where we learned all about Ireland's national drink and all got to sample the thick black drink which powers part of the Irish economy. It’s quite an acquired taste, but a few hounds felt it was definitely worth trying again.

We then had lunch at a charming country restaurant and were shown several beauty spots. Finally in the evening we went to an Irish pub where they played music while they drank, and there was dancing and plenty of food, but my heart just wasn’t in it. And I noticed Rolph was also particularly withdrawn.

We traveled back to the Good Ship Lollipup in the small hours. All the other hounds were still singing the lovely music we had heard, talking and laughing with their friends and wishing Rooney and Sophie the very fondest farewells.

Every hound ran up the gangplank and stood along the railings waving. We bid Sophie and Roo farewell and thanked them for a wonderful day. But as we started to walk up the gangplank six armed men jumped out of the shadows and grabbed Rolph.

“SAS,” yelled their leader. "The Queen has sent us to take you back to the Tower of London and lock you up for treason!”

“You can’t do that,” howled Morse. “You can’t arrest him on foreign soil.”

“We just did matey” replied the soldier. “Now get on your boat and leave before we take the little lady as well”

“Go,” said Rolph calmly. “I’m sure we can sort this out back in England.”

"But treason?" I pleaded. "That's the only offence in the UK which still holds the death penalty!"

Clara, really wishing she was at home in her comfy basket and had never agreed to this trip.

Where we went: https://www.guinness-storehouse.com/en  http://www.jfp.ie/
As usual. Thank you for the donations to the UK's homeless hounds. If anyone still wishes to give some money, you can Paypal payments at brngb.org.uk  or visit BRNGB’s Just Giving page to pay by card.