[Dailydrool] Trade

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 04:39:21 PDT 2017

I learned about the trade command when I took Blitzen ATB to puppy class.
She was half decent about it, which is a really good thing because she was
like Browyn in the hunting department. I use it with Beauford. He is funny.
He seeks out trash on a walk. He doesn't even pick it up anymore. He just
stands over it and looks at me. Since I like it even better when I don't
have to touch the stuff he finds. I don't mind too much unless he gets
crazy with it. He thinks the stakes are really high when you are taking
away dead animals he has either found or killed. Bugsey gets robbed a lot
because I have pretty much quit trading for kleenex and socks. Browyn is so
good about giving me back my socks. If she wasn't I would trade, but I
don't tell her that. I do have to trade for her kills. She doesn't just
drop those because I ask her too. Bugsey is not a mighty hunter. He is a
terrible about stealing kleenex. For some reason I have a problem rewarding
him for that. I am so glad I learned about trading though. I dropped a
chicken breast the other day and Beauford grabbed it. Like Snoopy,
Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn are allergic to chicken, but the humans in the
house still like to eat it on occasion. I yelled Beauford trade! (I know I
should yell). He dropped it and stood over it until he saw what I was
trading for it--turkey jerky, and then he walked far enough away from the
chicken to get it. Whew! I didn't have to treat the allergic reaction to
the chicken. I had started out with 4 pieces of turkey jerky, but Beauford
felt it was worth 6. They are only a very thin 1 inch square. So, I gave it
to him. Of course by then Bugsey and Browyn wanted in on what Beauford had.
So I gave them each a piece and another piece to Beauford. There are times
I wonder why on earth I have 3 bassets instead of just one. I have to say I
can't imagine giving up a single one and last night we were all snuggled up
on the couch together while the DH was handing out Halloween candy and we
were having a blast. Being snuggled by one basset is nice, but 3 is even
better if they will settle in with you.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com