[Dailydrool] wondering

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:43:32 PDT 2017

Jennifer says she wonders sometimes why she has three Bassets instead of
one.
I wonder sometimes why I just don't have cats or even an ant farm.
What is wrong with me that I have to have more than one dog or any dogs?
It isn't as if I enjoy running into the yard at 2 a.m in the rain or snow
to shag reluctant dogs into the house from chasing a wandering cat or
possum.
It isn't as if hearing a dog gakking just as I sit down to Christmas dinner
is music to my ears.
It isn't as if having a guest list comprised only of dog people is going to
make for diverse dinner chatter.
It isn't as if I enjoy sitting up all night holding a dog I think might be
trying to bloat.
It's not like our wallet enjoys the massive hits it takes on dog-related
items.
It's not as if I would  like to have other phone numbers besides the Vet's
in my phone on speed dial.

In my next life, I swear I am going to have....going to have.... oh I give
up: Dogs.