[Dailydrool] from Val Brewer

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 25 10:29:14 PST 2017

Begin forwarded message:
From: Val lbrewerzwick <vlbzwick at yahoo.com<mailto:vlbzwick at yahoo.com>>
Date: November 24, 2017 at 5:07:16 PM HST
To: dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org<mailto:dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org>
Subject: BORING
Aloha.. Mariah checking in.  We are back from our three day holiday. BORING!!  The humans were happy.  Out in the hills with only the sounds of rustling leaves and birds.  We dogs were bored.  They wouldn’t let us run loose to go hunting, telling us we might get ourselves shot if we harassed some near neighbors’ farm chickens, or we might get lost.  I mean, really!!! We had to go hiking on leashes, and while better than nothing, still sub-optimal, even at four to five hikes a day.  We weren’t able to hunt and after all, we ARE hunting dogs, especially Ipo.  what kind of vacation in the hills precludes hunting, I ask you? I mean, really!! (Mom said that if she trusted us, she’d let us off leash, but she doesn’t, grrr. She trusted Bo and Harley, and she trusts Mila, but not Ipo and me.  I am so insulted!!!)

So today we got our revenge.  We are back home in the semi rural suburbs (with a big fenced yard, doggie door access 24/7, and lots to bark at, but it is still not total freedom with domestic benefits ((food, snuggles and a heated waterbed inside to sleep on)), my goal.  The clueless Dad person left the gate open when he took out the garbage.  Mila, the good girl basset hound, stayed home of course, but Ipo and I seized the day and escaped to go marauding in the neighborhood.  Mom was away at the fabric store.  Dad noticed us missing in no time and went out searching and calling.  Ipo returned, silly thing.  She is still grateful to have a forever home with  food, shelter, and love, and doesn’t push her luck. Good gracious, she might even be becoming trustworthy!  Lol. Me, Not I of course, I am an adventuress.  Woo hoo.  I was off.

When Mom returned, it had been more than an hour. Dad had been out calling to no avail. Mom started down the street calling for me  and I materialized out of the bushes with a grin, tongue hanging out. Fun fun fun. And returned home for dinner and a nap.  That’s more like it, if you ask me.     Mariah the Maraudah of Hawaii