[Dailydrool] Dogs in the way

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 04:02:56 PST 2017

I am fortunate in the kitchen. After all those years of canning in Indiana,
I guess I have the dogs trained. They absolutely have to be out of the way
when moving a huge full canner from the kitchen to the dining room. I asked
nicely. Then I yelled. If that didn't work the offenders were crated. Now,
Bugsey lays in the doorway next to the fridge. I can still go through the
doorway with ease. Beauford lays on the opposite end of the kitchen near
the dog canisters, out of the way. Unless I am prepping fruits and veggies,
Browyn has better things to do like chewing nylabones or playing with her
babies in the living room.

As for having a dog on you, the other spouse is required to bring you food,
drinks and Kleenex. Plus let Beauford and Browyn out. Bugsey is generally
our biggest flopper. Browyn prefers to lay right up next to you. Sometimes
that counts because if we disturb her, the chances of her getting up and
pacing are high. She walks on her toes. It is impossible to get her nails
short enough to not click on the wooden floor. Beauford is usually in his
crate in front of the TV so he can see us and we can see him.
Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com