[Dailydrool] 3-2-1

Sandy W sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 16:23:01 PDT 2017

Monday morning we had 3 wonderful basset girls. This evening we have only one. This has been a horrible week for us. Monday Val was not feeling good but Bea and Dora were doing ok. When we went to serve their evening meal Bea had left us for the Bridge. I had checked on her an hour before and she seemed fine. We couldn't believe it.
We took Val to the Vet Tuesday morning because she didn't act like she felt good and had not eaten anything Monday or Tuesday morning. They found that her gallbladder was huge (the size of a horses) and her lab was off. They dx her with cancer and kept her until today trying to medicate her so she would eat so we'd have a little more time with her. But she couldn't eat or drink so we helped her to the Bridge this afternoon. Boy will Bea be surprised to see her.
Bea was our youngest at 12, Val was 13 and Dora will be 14 on the 16th of this month. We have had Bea since she was 12 weeks old and we rehomed  Val and Dora 10 years ago (along with Willie my heart boy who left for the Bridge several years ago).
Over the years on the Daily Drool I know this has happened to other Droolers and I thought it was terrible they had to suffer through losing more than one love in a short time frame. I was right, it is horrible. At least we got to love them for a relatively long time.
--
SandyW
Dora