[Dailydrool] Still figuring it out...

Jacqie Marvich OAKRYDGEBH7 at msn.com
Mon Oct 30 11:21:34 PDT 2017

I guess I can only send a post from this email address . I’ve tried to send posts from my other email address and they get bounced back. I don’t recall changing my info on the list but maybe I did and just don’t remember doing it.

Tucker and his sister Juliette have been spending a lot of time out running around the yard in the morning lately. A couple days ago Juliette brought a dead bird to the back door and brought it inside. She went to her crate with it. I traded her a biscuit for the dead bird and put the dead bird in the garbage. This morning she had found another dead bird and decided not to bring it in the house. I heard barking outside and went to the door to see what was going on. Tucker had come back inside but Lacey was barking at Juliette who was trying to eat the dead starling as fast as she could. When Juliette saw me coming she turned away but apparently couldn’t get it swallowed before I got to her. I pulled out most of the dead bird but she wanted it back and kept leaping up trying to get it. I have no idea why we have dead birds  in our yard but Juliette thinks they’re yummy and wasn’t about to share with Lacey. I’m going to walk the yard to see if there are anymore dead starlings out there to possibly figure out what’s killing them.

Our only cat is way too old to hunt anymore (she’s 20+ y.o.) but we do have feral cats that come on to the property but they wouldn’t leave a bird , they’d eat it. We do have naughty neighbor boys that have pellet guns and shoot them whenever they feel like it. The parents are no where in sight. I need to figure out what’s going on. Anyone who has any ideas, please let me know. The dogs will be going out on leash or when I’m with them until I get this figured out. I don’t know what else to do. We have a fully fenced yard so they’re safe but I don’t want them eating dead things.

Jacqie and Tuckerman whose more than willing to help me find more birds/1