[Dailydrool] Scracthes

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Sep 1 03:41:45 PDT 2017

It is not quite 6 in the morning and Conley and MertaLou are on the bed.
Conley is asleep, wrapped in my pillows. But Merta Lou speaks to me as I
sit at the desk well within petting distance, her head raised, tail
thumping gently she says
"Rub my face please O please rub my face."
And I reach over and massage her muzzle and her stop and on up her skull
and back down over the ears and she sits, leaning into me, eyes closed.
This, for her, is the ultimate in affection: I rub her face.
Conley would take my hand off for messing with his muzzle or his skull: he
wants belly rubs please, o yes, belly rubs. He rolls onto his back and
spreads out before me, his freckled tummy beckoning.
Doc would fight if I tried to roll him onto his back for a belly rub, and
he would duck if I tried to rub his face, but he puts his paws on my
shoulders and requests a chest rub, then gets down and turns around so I
can reach the base of his spine, where the tail starts, and can use my
knuckles to rub really hard, and he loves this, throwing his head back,
lolling his tongue, grinning and rolling his eyes so he can see my face.
Three kids with three different pleasure zones. And I wonder: are all dogs
this different? Do you pet your dogs in different ways? What does it say
about Merta Lou that rubbing her face is wonderful? What about your dogs?

MomPerson to Conley in the pillows, MertaLou of the skiull, and Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com