[Dailydrool] remembering our hounds

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Sep 5 15:59:29 PDT 2017

My regular vet has several areas in the clinic where they display
pictures of pets that are or were patients there. They rotate them
out often and it’s nice to go in for an appointment and see one of
my hounds on display, They also save Christmas and Halloween
cards with pets on them and put those out during the season - it
makes you feel like they loved your pet, too.

The eye vet that we use has a picture of Pauline, who lost one of
her eyes to glaucoma.  It’s one of her wearing her eye patch hat
made for her by Melissa Rogers in AZ and she uses it, as does
my vet, to show that losing an eye isn’t such a big thing to a dog.
I have several friends who go to this eye vet and they all tell me
that they have seen Pauline’s picture when they took their dog in.
Pauline has been gone for 7 years now so it’s really nice to know
that she is remembered.

When we took Pauline in to let her go, my regular vet had a surgery
scheduled. I felt Pauline did not need to wait until later in the day
so I made the appointment with another vet in the office and we
went in that morning.  When the door opened, though, it was not
the other vet, but my vet who was already in tears.  Pauline was
one of those dogs who LOVED to go to the vet and it was my
vet who dubbed her “the cookie girl”  - it meant the world to me to
know that my vet cared enough about her to rearrange her surgery
schedule for her.

Remembering our hounds is so important - they brought us so
much joy while they were here.  We have a collage picture hanging
on the wall in our basset room and it has a picture of all of 9 of our
hounds. I love having them all together in one frame and like to
picture the 7 that are at the Bridge hanging out together.

Donna, drool fueler for Sunny and Maggie with Chuck, Bob,
Dudley, Pauline, Elmo, Gracie and Bosley waiting at the Bridge