[Dailydrool] Sunny Lindy

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 10 10:04:09 PDT 2017

Sunny has gone to the Bridge to be with the 16 paws (Elmo, Pauline,
Gracie, Dudley and later Bosley) and Chuck and Bob.  She only
knew Gracie and Bosley and picturing her running with Gracie again
makes me smile.

We drove to KY in on August 1st of 2011 to pick her up - she was
not quite 2, scared to death and the skinniest hound I’d ever seen, weighing
34 lbs.  It took some time - she escaped 9 times in one weekend - but she
decided to stay and be a Lindy hound.  Sunny was a daddy’s girl unless
she didn’t feel well and then it was me she wanted.  She was a rock eater
for a while but thankfully gavethat up after a few surgeries.

Sunny was an excited, happy girl who just could not control herself
when we had company.  When Elsinore’s mom, Elizabeth, came
to vist one afternoon, Sunny did just about everything but sit on
Elizabeth’s head.  I was mortified but Elizabeth was very gracious
and said that Sunny was full of joy and we’ve described her that
way ever since. I wish you could have seen her run - amazingly
fast and she seemed to be flying. We said she could run like the
wind and thought it represented the happiness she had in her life.

She became a senior last fall and then got cancer this spring. A
fibrous sarcoma is a mean cancer and it appeared on a rear leg.
As so many of you know, cancer changes everything yet Sunny still
found the joy in her life.  A good friend loaned us a stroller so we
could take her for a walk with Maggie, our other hound, and she
took to it right away. We have been a fixture in the neighborhood
for a few months - everyone wanted to see the hound in with her
own carriage.

At the end of last week, the pain got worse and her happy times
became happy moments so we decided it was time to let her
have her peace.

We will miss our Sunny girl, our SunBun, our Liddle Diddle, our
Sunshine. As they all do, she gave us her all and crawled deep
into our hearts.  Fly high and run free, Sunny! Run like the wind!
Run like the wind . .  .

Donna, drool fueler for just Maggie and forever missing Chuck
Bob, Elmo, Pauline, Gracie, Dudley, Bosley and Sunny all ATB