[Dailydrool] scratches

lois.leader lois.leader via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 2 19:36:02 PDT 2017

Looks like my delete key ate my re:scratches missive in the latest drool. Will chime in again.

Our Emma loves to be massaged from the shoulders to the base of the spine as she does her downward dog pose. Bobo used to enjoy that as well. Emma takes the pose and I cup my hands around her with my thumbs along her spine and massage my way down her arched back. When I'm done, she does a little skitter on her short legs all around the room. We tried to give Scout the Doga rub, but it would throw her off-balance. But then, she was a long-legs. She was a belly rub dog. Bobo would not tolerate any form of scratching. You were guaranteed a nip. Emma likes it, though. Dobby likes to sit in a lap and be petted, but he never offers his belly for a rub. I've always been fascinated at how uniquely individual every dog is.

Lois Leader with Emma the Aussie Basset Dog and Dobby the House Elf.