[Dailydrool] buster brown

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Sun Apr 1 15:02:33 PDT 2018

 april fools daymy buster arrived as a massive foster failure (I failed parking lot transfer) on 4/1/07.  he departed on 4/1/16.  what a wild ride those years were in between!
anyone who ever met him could tell stories about his counter surfing abilities ...the boy was a star.  you always had to be about 8 steps ahead of and that was not very easy.  he was way too smart for his own good!  he was quick, and agile and had great timing.  he hit and was gone before you even noticed your food was missing.  the boy could levitate, I swear!
his favorite treat was tomatoes.  he was rescued from nyc and was an urban boy all around.  I swear his first owners had a pizzeria and would toss them to him (he was also partial to Italian pastries, but who isn't?).  he raided my garden each year stripping the plants.  I had to watch him when we were out because he would assault folks carry bags of them at farmers markets!  once at a market he couldn't contain himself and went head first into a bushel.
the boy liked to sing.  he would do so on command.  we used that skill to raise boatloads of cash at events for mid-atlantic  (he was one of the first early year adoptees...2007).  I would bet people $1 I could get him to sing and they would pony up their cash.  big bucks.  NEVER failed!now that I am in nh, when you go to Franconia notch state park, at one point you have to walk under the highway thru a tunnel.  he would sit there an just bay to hear his voice.
he loved the dog park in nj where he had a slew of basset friends, but moving up here relaxed him.  his favorite thing was riding the summer ski gondolas.  loved it...would smile and look out the window.  his photo doing this was published in the 2016 NH Loves Camping guide!
he was work.  but I miss him every day.  I am left with stories that are swesome that I never tire of sharing.
april fools..it was most certainly his day!

lois lema & dexter (who thankfully is not following in his paws)