[Dailydrool] Rupert to the bridge

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 10:57:47 PDT 2018

Rupert 05/21/2006 ~ 04/06/2018
My sweet red angel has earned his wings. James surprise adopted him for me
and from the moment he came home, he was attached to my hip.. or more often
my lap. From the streets of San Diego, to the suburbs of the bay area, to
our rural little home behind the redwood curtain, Ru travelled with us from
the bottom of California to the top.
A lover of naps, nature and anything with his people, he was truly a
blessing to have in our home. He could counter cruise a steak in the blink
of an eye, and he was the ultimate bedbug - it didn't matter if we were
hungover or up all night with the baby, Rupert was more than happy to lie
in bed with us forever.
His last 24 hours included visits with friends, salty beach air and a slew
of his favorite foods including steak, quesdilla, burgers, sushi and ice
cream. He passed peacefully in our home, surrounded by his family. We love
him so much and we will miss him forever.

Thank you to all of you for the love, support and advice over the past 10
years that we had this smooshy red guy.

We still have Cowboy and he is visibly grieving. He spent all last evening
on Ru's blanket, refusing food or treats. Today he is still
uncharacteristically mellow, sleeping and not eating. Usually he'd be
hounding us to take him out by now so that is next on my agenda. It's hard
enough as humans to grieve for our dear hounds... I never expected it'd be
so hard on Cowboy and absolutely heartbreaking to watch. So we will love
him extra hard and try not to leave him home alone too often.

Love to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert forever in our hearts
Greenlikethecolor at gmail.com