[Dailydrool] Droolless and needing Drool

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:22:03 PDT 2018

Yesterday I realized that I have not been getting the Drool since my last
post to it. Somehow gmail decided it was spam. Though I added it to my
contacts, today I again found it in spam. (Meanwhile I am still faithfully
getting all sorts of other e-mails that could be seen as spam, though I
signed up for them too.) I'm hoping I will not have to check spam every day
for the rest of my e-mail life, if gmail gets the message today that the
Drool is NOT SPAM!

Meanwhile, I would appreciate some get-well Drool and prayers for my
Horton. Sunday I noticed that when he tried to pee little or nothing came
out, so I called the vet first thing Monday morning. They told me to bring
him right in, and we were there in a few minutes. When we tried to get Hort
to take a walk and give a sample, a few dots of bloody pee ended up in the
extended ladle my vet's office uses for such a purpose; it was probably not
enough to do testing on, but  it was enough to show the vet that this was
the problem.

Pictures and tests seem to show that Hort has a UTI--at least he is on
antibiotics after the vet found lots of blood in his urine. He also got a
shot to help with inflammation. I don't know if that did the job or the
antibiotics worked quickly, but he seemed to be doing a bit better
yesterday. We are awaiting the urine culture results, to make sure this is
the right antibiotic, but I am hopeful that it will do the job.

Previously I have often thought my boys had UTIs, but I understand they are
rare in boys, because of the way they are built. None of my boys has tested
positive before this. But I am so glad it is not something more serious,
since we are still working on testing Dexter's kidneys to see just what's
going on there.

Of course Horton was not enthusiastic about a vet visit, but I think even
he understood it had to happen. Yesterday morning he'd thoughtfully peed on
paper to show me just what the problem was. Though he seemed very nervous
on the way to the vet's, I'm sure he too was glad to know that things are
not worse.
Pam, food slave and nurse to the Dashing Bassets