[Dailydrool] skunked personal experiences

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:44:54 PDT 2018

Many years ago:
NOT NOW THESE ARE MEMORIES NOT NOW

Opened the side door to let the dogs out (A Basset and a Belgian). between
the door and the shed maybe 4 feet away stands a skunk. The dogs are out
before I can act, the skunk, right there, aimed and fired. Then ran under
fence.
The dogs are rolling in the grass crying. The oil from the glands is
goldish in color and is dripping down the bricks by the door. The Belgians
is the worst off because-- are you ready?
The Basset DUCKED UNDER THE BELGIAN and used him as a shield.!!

Before that, BB--Before Bassets even-- we had a black and white long-haired
cat Ambulance. Ambulance came home one morning and had been seriously
skunked. I drove to the store to buy tomato juice and while I was gone the
cat went in the neighbor' cat flap and went upstairs to sleep on their bed.
Luckily they chased him out and also luckily they thought it was very funny.
(I bathed him and had a black and pink cat for weeks. And he still smelled.)

Between those two events: my son took my dog for a walk. Kid was probably
13-14 yrs old and typically teen moody. He was mad at me for something.
Sitting on a bench at the Jr High with the dog a skunk ambled out into view
and my son thought it would be funny to sic the dog on the skunk,
completely forgetting that he held a 6 foot leash. Yup, everyone got it.
Now we laugh but at the time.....

MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc who are mercifully unacquainted with skunks.

bgszap2 at gmail.com