[Dailydrool] Leaving a bite

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 15:58:19 PDT 2018

Hi Donna,
  my last pair of bassets, Bo and Harley, brothers separated in puppyhood but reunited both as rescues a few years later (sigh), did the very same thing as yours.  Bo always left one bite of his dinner in his bowl for Harley to come over and finish.  We always saw it is a sort of “tribute” to the master, but it may just have been a friendly sharing sort of thing.  i love my current girls, but I do miss my boys gone on to the Bridge.  I am sorry that Harley and Mariah never got to meet one another.  i think they would have gotten on splendidly (but, who knows, they might have fought ).

Val Brewer