[Dailydrool] Need advice about ears

Nancy Schaefer jonquil4 at charter.net
Tue Aug 21 17:48:58 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

My 7 year old Tucker has developed some fluid in one of his ear flaps.  It
covers about 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches so far.  His vet has seen it and suggested
we surgically remove the pocket of fluid (not just drain it, as "it will
probably come back").  I asked if it was okay to wait to see if his body
reabsorbed it and the vet said okay.  Do any of you have any experience with
this, and can you offer some advice?  It doesn't seem to bother him, but the
vet says that sometimes it will expand into the whole ear flap.  I need to
decide what to do.  Thanks for any advice can give me.

Nancy, mom to Tucker the Hound, Hadley atb, Toby atb and Casey atb