[Dailydrool] Lymphoma

dee- diane ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:40:48 PDT 2018

Kathy,

I know what you are saying about the miracle of treating dogs with cancer.  We went to an Oncologist when our sweet Ella Louise was diagnosed with Anal Sac Carcinoma.  We stressed using chemo because we had lost of other Basset to cancer a week after starting treatment.  She explained how more advanced cancer treatment had become.

We had Ella 5 years with cancer treatment.  We had to change chemo meds several times because of the blood count, but we would know when it was time for a change because of the constant blood tests and ultrasounds.  Ella had a good 5 years with us and we watched carefully that we were not watching out for our needs vs her needs.

We will never regret our decision to treat Ella.  We gave up a lot of trips with friends and some people thought we were crazy, but we had our precious girl for 5 extra years and can never replace those special memories with photos of a trip.

Diane Ezell