[Dailydrool] Antacid?

Terry Pettett tmpettett at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 04:15:12 PDT 2018

After three surgeries in the past nine months,two for dental problems and one to remove eye and mass in socket. Our Edgar has developed a VERY touchy stomach! We think it is because of all the antibiotics he had to take for like four months! Our Vet said to give him famotidine before every meal. According to the directions,"give 10 min. to 60 min. before eating along with a glass of water??? Now all of us know,WE CAN NOT MAKE A BASSET DRINK WATER" unless he wants to! We fear that Edgar may be developing gerd or acid reflux problem. On top of this, he has become a reluctantly eater to.  He eats hamburger, drained of grease,rice or green beans and a little kibble, twice daily. Lately he has shown signs of not caring for the hamburger/rice/kibble. Just would like to know if anyone else has had a similar situation with a senior basset? Eleven going on twelve! You can email me at tmpettett at yahoo.com if you would like.Thanks, Terry Pettett