[Dailydrool] packs

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Fri Aug 17 14:14:41 PDT 2018

buster brown all 42 pounds of him thought he was large & in charge and the pack leader.  he roared and folks sort of listened.  sally worshiped him and she followed him blindly.  fosters came and went and they sort of listened.  at the dog park he roared and no one listed...except when it came to huskies and boxers.  for them his passion was to chase them like a launched rocket....he would run screaming towards them & then turn at about 4' away.  no harm, no foul.  later when there was whole "basset pack" at the dog park..the whole pack would follow him....eventually every boxer & husky at the park knew his routine and played right along.

he stayed large & in charge until lowla arrived as a foster.  she truly was the alpha  bitch.  lowla ruled everything.  the home, the dog park.  you name it.  she was gentle tho..she let buster think he was still in charge....they both liked lowla  tho.  she came as a foster & then adopted us.
sally and buster were bonded like no pair I have never seen.  they slept next to each other, touching.  when one had a vet appt, the other had to go...she who was not real smart depended on him for brains...he just liked someone who worshipped him.  their bond was amazing...buster was about 3 when she came as a puppy and immediately they were a pair.
certain fosters came & made themselves "pack members" during their stay.....betty ...she who came such a mess but immediately became a force to be reckoned with...diva #2, lowla and her were bonded....there were others whose name I can't recall...
now there is dexter.  he is a pack of 1.  and that is ok.  or we are a pack of 2.
lois & dexter