[Dailydrool] Snoopy

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 14:10:25 PDT 2018

Hi it’s dale

He tried to bloat on us this morning.  Again!  Long time droolers May remember that this is the umtenth time.  I decided to write about it so that new droolers would know what to do

So....I got up around 6 and made Snoopy’s bowl.  He started to eat.....and then it was like he was gagging...and he ran outside through the dog door, leaving his bowl.  I gave chase and found him frantically eating grass, his belly was hard and you could see it expanding like a beach ball.  Again!

So I turned and ran for his first aid kit, grabbed 2 gas x and ran back outside where I shoved them down Snoopy.  Usually he will eat them but not when he is in distress, so I shoved them down his throat and dragged him inside and asked greg to stay with him while I threw on clothes so I could take him to ER.  He had all the classic symptoms, panting, crying, wriggling to get loose, belly hard and growing......I decided to shove two more gas x down and the bottle of liquid symethicone too, before we left (Er is about 10 minutes away).  When I shoved the 2nd set of gas x down he let out a huge belch.  And then another. And another.  Then he started farting.  And sighed. And stopped crying.  And relaxed.

We decided to all get back in bed with Snoopy between us so we could monitor him. The belly was going down....took several hours to go back to normal but he is fine now.   Very tired.

I’ve just come back from the store replenishing my supplies of gas x and symethicone.  I checked that I have plenty of hydrogen peroxide in case I have to make him puke, vet wrap in case I need to bandage or keep him from lick/chewing and Benadryl in case he has an allergic reaction to something.   I mean this is Snoopy we are dealing with!

Whew from dale who is going to have a glass of wine. Yes I know it’s only 2 in the afternoon but Snoopy is happily snoring and I don’t  care!

Sent from Snoopy’s  iPaw - he is asleep so I get to use it