[Dailydrool] lowla

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Tue Dec 4 13:59:12 PST 2018

I too was adopted by a lowla.  she came as a foster..badly abused.  it took some time for me to ease her back to a relaxed state but by then she had already made her mind up that she had found her forever home.  I would tell people at the dog park she was up for adoption but everyone (but me) could see that she already found her place.  she would listen and heed my every command.  never really needed a leash for her she was always 2 steps behind me following closely.
she had an awesome sense of humor...stop playing with her at the park, if she felt it was too soon, she would circle around behind you and yank your pants down.  she had an affinity for pickles..the more sour the better.  and sweets....those were on the menu as well.
she was adopted out once but it didn't work out and she returned to the only real home she knew.  the look she gave me as she drove off with the adopter is something I will never forget..it tore my heart apart.  she returned broken again.  once again I worked to heal her .  this time she returned with some sort of brain issue.  seizures, and diminished sight in one eye.  she eventually lost all sight in the eye.
it never slowed her down tho.  she accompanied my pack on vacations camping in nh..something that I believe was a first for her.  she loved life ton the fullest.
once I took her to a pet psychic and she relayed that "she was the good one" and the "other two were trouble!"  and if you ever knew buster brown & sally..well, trouble were their middle names!
I miss her every day...I never adopted her..she so adopted me!