[Dailydrool] Dexter Check

tcm541 at gmail.com tcm541 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:19:02 PST 2018

Dexter update and checking – remember the tail surgery, tumor removal early in December?

It’s not looking good. Today they changed the bandage, and there’s some necrosis of the tissue around perimeter of the wound. That wasn’t there four days ago. It’s what we’ve been scared of – not at all what we wanted to see.

So now I’m going back every three days to get the bandage changed, instead of five or six. And obviously we’re keeping him on the antibiotics (Cephalexin) and a muscle relaxer. Bandage change is $25 each trip. Not bad, really, and the meds are only about $3 a day.

And get THIS: there’s a new cyst or tumor just three or four inches above the one that was just removed – the middle of the tail instead of near the end. I told them to leave it alone. I want to get the first one healed up, and I may never deal with the new one if it doesn’t abscess like this one did.

Other than that, Dex is doing fine. Feeling good, eating okay, what goes in comes out like it should, all that…

Bur poor Reginald is feeling ignored. Dexter is getting all the attention and car rides and poor Reggie gets stuck home all alone…whine…whimper…whine…(boy, is he GOOD at that!)

Oh - has the ball dropped yet? Happy new year anyway.

Tim ‘n Puppies