[Dailydrool] Lucy’s nicknames

LYNN and LINDA FERRELL ldferrell at msn.com
Tue Feb 6 14:02:29 PST 2018

We have lots of nicknames for our smallish 35 lb. basset girl. Some of these were probably in contrast to our previous basset Zoey (AKA Redmoose, among others.)

She is Lucylu, Lulu, Lucyswoosh, Swoosh, LittleWittle, Witz, Fastfeet, Tahloolah, Trubs, Lucille (when patience is running out), Prettygirl, Lucylucious, Lucifer, Lula belle.  Also, less often, Jellybean (when sleeping), Sweet Petunia, Sugarplum, Skinny Minny (when she goes between a chair and end table where no basset of ours has ever before fit), Shedbucket, Skirt girl (refers to shedding clumps of fur from her hips).
Is it any wonder she often doesn’t come when we call? She has to ponder the request for a while.